Re: [Tigers] "Auto-Cruisin' in the Tiger"

To: Samouce's <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "Auto-Cruisin' in the Tiger"
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:52:06 -0700
Duke:
It turns out I didn't write it down but just looked at the CCS100 manual
and remember what I did. I didn't use Larry's instructions. I don't
think I knew they were there. I used the magnet kit on the drive shaft
plus the leads to the coil and to the brake switch.(I had previously
bypassed the factory brake switch under the hood, and replaced it with a
mechanical/electrical brake switch I installed above and on the brake
pedal. I got tired of the factory type brake switches going bad.) When I
installed the CCS100 I talked to Audiovox support a few times. The
consensus there was to program dip switches 1 and 2 on the servo for
2000 PPM since I used the magnet kit. It's odd that for the first few
months the cruise would hold at 70-75, but later it would drop down to
65 or so even when I set it at 75 (highway speed here in Arizona). I
changed the PPM (Pulse per minute) setting to 4000 RPM and that solved
the problem. I've cruised at 80 and as low as 40 since just to
experiment (I haven't tried it slower) and it holds speed perfectly now.

So, if you're set at 2000 PPM now, try changing it to 4000, then 5000 if
that doesn't do it, etc.  I never got a clear explanation from Audiovox
why this is but maybe the 2000/4000/5000 etc. PPM means the cruis won't
operate above those RPMS either.

Also, the sensitivity setting is important (switches SW4 and SW5). I had
set it for Low (light vehicles with high horsepower) and it would hold
cruise for a while but then turn off on occasion. When I changed that
setting to Medium,  it no longer disconnected/shut off. Audiovox
confirmed it should be Medium for most cars (including ours it turns out).

Steve Sage

> Duke:
> I installed that exact unit on my Tiger too and had exactly the same
> problem. I solved it but forget the correct switch setting. I'll look
> into it and email the answer tonight as long as I wrote it down, which
> I think I did. Basically, you need to increase the "PPM"
> setting/switch and that solves it. I should have the exact figure in
> the garage.
>
> Steve
>

> Samouce's wrote:
>> Who has installed an Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control per Larry Paulick's
>> directions on TigersUnited?
>>
>> I have and am having a problem, it will not cruise over 72 mph.  It
>> either
>> shuts down or the speed slows to ~72 where it will hold.
>>
>> Wonder what the servo switches are set on unit that will let the car
>> cruise
>> and any speed.
>>
>> Duke
>> B382002037