Engine Installation

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Installation
From: City Of Antioch <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:05:51 -0800
Help....Help....About two years ago, I pulled my Tiger engine for a rebuild.
Yesterday, I went to re-install and ran into some problems.  Specifically, I
didn't get the engine installed.  After removing front cross member, I
lifted engine from underneath, without the right side(starboard) header and
spark plugs.  With the transmission well below the engine and engine
somewhat above the mounting points, I tried to re-attached header and slide
the engine back in.  No luck.  I tried many combinations of angles and no
luck.  Can anyone refresh my memory or give me their installation tips?  The
headers are new CAT headers and look and measure identical, within reason,
to the old rusty headers.

Currently, the engine is in, on the engine mounts(just for a place to put
it.)