Re: 9 inch Bronco Diff...

To: DrMayf <DrMayf@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 9 inch Bronco Diff...
From: Rob Guerra <Bomber44@kaiserair.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 10:07:57 -0700
You dont necessarily need a early bronco differential. They are in pretty
high demand by 4x4 owners, or at least they are on the west coast.

I bought a 9 inch rear end a few years back and had one narrowed to fit a
different car. It wasn't all that expensive either. One thing you may want
to remember is the 9 inch rear ends came with 28 spline and 32 spline
axles. The 32 spline axles are much stronger than the 28's. I dont know
that it will make much difference in a Tiger, but you should at least be
aware of this when buying your ring and pinion, carriage assembly etc.

At 09:01 AM 5/7/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I think a question was asked recently about the 1966 - 1977 Ford Bronco
>differential. Would it fit a Tiger? I asked the Fordnatics members if anyone
>knew the axle flange to axle flange measurement. The answer was 58 inches.
And