Rear Brake Hardware

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear Brake Hardware
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 19:08:48 -0700
One of the situations we ran into at the "fix-in" at my house last Sunday
was a Tiger with the retainers missing on the rear brake cylinders.  These
are the U-shaped stampings held in place by a oval spring clip.  I
discussed the situation with Rick at SS and enquired about the later design
used on some Series 5 Alpines, Volvo's using similar Girling brake
components, and reportedly some Capri's.  He only has one component of this
3 part system.  The design uses longer U-shaped clips which snap together
and don't fall off like the regular stuff.  We would like to find a set of
this later design to determine if it is practical to remanufacture.  Rick
has not been able to find any NOS.  If anyone on the list has any of this
hardware, we would like to buy or borrow it to provide design documentation.

Tom