RE: Plastic Jesus

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Plastic Jesus
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:27:29 -0600
There are, of course, other verses for other biblical figurines. E.g.,

   Got myself a sweet Madonna,
   Dressed in rhinestones, sittin' on
   A pedestal of abalone shells.
   Comes in colors pink and pleasant,
   Glows in the dark 'cause she's iridescent,
   Take her with you when you travel far.

(My favorite - how often do you get to slip the word "iridescent" into a
song?)

And:

   I don't care if it bumps or jostles,
   Long as I got the Twelve Apostles,
   Bolted to the dashboard of my car.
   Don't I have a pious mess,
   Such a crowd of holiness,
   Strung across the dashboard of my car.

And, finally:

   When I'm goin' fornicatin',
   I got my ceramic Satan,
   Sinnin' on the dashboard of my motor home.
   The women know I'm on the level,
   Thanks to the wild-eyed stoneware devil,
   Ridin' on the dashboard of my . . .
      Sneerin' from the dashboard of my . . .
         Leerin' from the dashboard of my . . . car.

What a tragedy for good wholesome music when dashboard figurines fell out of
favor - spurred on, no doubt, by the demise of the metal dashboard and the
de-commissioning of St. Christopher. Replaced, unfortunately, by the
infamous "Baby on Board" signs and stuffed animals with Velcro feet.

Jim Hill

Goin' 90, it ain't scary,
Long as I got the Virgin Mary . . . &etc

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///