RE: Panhard Set-up

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Panhard Set-up
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:35:00 -0500
I think you've nailed it, Capt.  Those are also my recollections, from the
"bad old days" of the 70s & 80s, when Brit cars were, truly, cast-offs and
orphans.
Of course, I always kept a squirt can of shock oil on the shelf, and checked
shock fluid levels every time I did a chassis lube (I used to have a lot
more time on my hands, back then ;)).
I've also "reconditioned" many a cast-off lever shock by simply mounting the
thing in a bench vise, and bleeding the air out of it, while adding new
fluid.  There were an awful lot of perfectly good lever shocks discarded, at
"state inspection" time, simply because there was some fluid seepage.  With
the tube shocks, for which the inspection code dealing w/shocks was written,
if a shock showed any evidence of leakage, it was discarded.  One man's junk
is another man's gold!
Bud Osbourne