RE: Panhard Set-up

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Panhard Set-up
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:58:05 GMT
OH!! It wasn't you, Bud? OK. Well, the guy (whoever he is) will hopefully see
my "correcting" post.

I think the only reason tube shock kits proliferated at one point in time was
the
(replacement) cost of new levers (vs more
reasonable cost of tubes) and the fact that
quality lever rebuilts just weren't available
in pre-Peter C. days, reasonable cost of same notwithstanding.

I mean anything I could get "back when"
in this respect began leaking excessively
within six months and began requiring
ever heavier oil (which ruined the ride)
shortly thereafter. Real PITA.

And of course, the original design levers
required topping up now and then as well,
whereas you install tubes and forget about
'em 'til replacement time.

But since the advent of basically maintenance-free Worldwide rebuilts,
with choice of valving, and which are now available in "adjustable", all for
reasonable
bucks, I wouldn't give converting to tubes a thought.

(Not brown-nosing or flattering you, Pete.
You just solved all the lever's design problems and provide at reasonable $$$,
and that's the truth of it).

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)