RE: Help needed now - Brake light switch

To: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>,"K. Valentine" <kevin@valentinephoto.net>,"Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help needed now - Brake light switch
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:20:33 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OOPS!!  Belay the disassembly!  I just remembered that I never even had to
take the Lucas switch apart.  I just kept loading it up with Gibbs
Penetrant, until it was freed-up, and the corrosion dissolved (internal AND
external).  It was that simple.  It was the CHINK switch that I took apart,
to check it out.  As I remember, the Chinks apparently decided to save
production costs by not employing any solder.  It was the lousy compression
connections which were causing the trouble.  You can fix them, but, then
you've STILL got a POS Chink switch, that's just gonna find yet ANOTHER way
to fail.  So, spend your time and effort on the old Lucas stuff.  It's far,
far better quality than anything the Chinks are ever gonna dump on us,
through Moss or VB.
Bud Osbourne