RE: 8" Rear Drums for a Sprite Mk.1.

To: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: RE: 8" Rear Drums for a Sprite Mk.1.
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:05:22 +1000
Cc: <RevdSpridget@aol.com>, <Corry@iol.ie>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
There is one good reason -- adjustability - the 8" brakes have a
much better adjustment mechanism that is accessible from the outside
of the car (with wheel off) with a screwdriver.

While I run kevlar shoe on standard drums, many of my fellow
competitors use 8" drums and they report better brake feel and balance.
They claim they can brake later into the corner without the car becoming
unbalanced. I haven't tried them so this is decidedly 2nd hand...

What I do know is that they don't spend as much time adjusting
rear brakes to keep the pedal feel excellent.

Mike