Re: bad news! ;-( Comp test!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bad news! ;-( Comp test!
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:55:57 -0700
Paul,

It's not unusual to find the rings either broken of just completelty stuck
in the ring land, doing abousoltely nothing for you. I'd gusss the later or
a combination of both since it's been sitting so long. If opened 4 or 5
engines in the last year and with the exception of one that was recently
rebuilt with new positons, NONE of the pistons were usable because the ring
lands were too wide. I hate to be break the news to you, but I doubt
seriously you'll get away with just rings. It's probably a waste of tme any
money to try it and you'll likely end up with just a disassembled engine.
Leave it alone until you can come up with a better solution. At least you
can drive it now.

Gerard