Re: Bugeye Hardtop Seals

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Hardtop Seals
From: Don.Clark@fluordaniel.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:55:16 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

     Fellow Spridgeteers:

     I need to adjust the hand brake on my '72 midget.  I made one attempt
     w/o success.  Talking with two friends, we were not able to determine
     how the adjustment on the cable works.  In looking a catalog blowups,
     it appears that the outer cable is not attached to the inner cable
     which actually draws down on the balance lever to which the two rods
     are connected that pull on the brakes.  But it appears that the nuts
     on the outer cable is the only way to adjust the brake.  It must be
     simple, but I am new at this.  I also know I need to buy a good repair
     manual.  I know there is help out there.

     Also, how do I access the end that attaches to the hand brake lever
     inside the car?

     Don
     '72 Midget