Re: Brakes/Front Suspension - 50 miles on rebuild

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brakes/Front Suspension - 50 miles on rebuild
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 20:48:18 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 05:56 AM 7/17/98 PDT, you wrote:
>>From: Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
>>
>>As I understand it, the only way that crabbing is going to be corrected
>is
>>if you can change the rear suspension toe (to get the rear wheels
>parallel
>>to the front wheels).  Which you cannot easily do on a spridget, right?
>:-)
>>
>>-Andy
>
>Well not change the toe the only thing that would affect toe would be a
>bent axle housing. as far as getting the wheels parallel to the car I
>guess it can be done by elongating the hole in the spring plate or leaf
>spring bracket to move those parts back and forth but I would not want
>to be the one to try it. If it's crabbing the frame is bent or someone
>welded the sills or leaf spring barackets in wrong. If the bushings are
>worn out the rear axle is moving around which is why when you hit rough
>roads it feels like the rear is steering the car because it is.

It's been correctly pointed out to me that there is no frame on a Spridget.
 Duh, I had to chuckle when I was reminded as that is one of the =few=
things I do know about my car.  hehe

Anyway, I'll amend my first comment from "Man, I hope my frame isn't bent"
to "Man, I hope my body isn't bent."

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget