Re: Front Suspension Again - Help?

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Front Suspension Again - Help?
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:05:52 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Philip Hubbard wrote:

> Ordered new upper fulcrum pin (stripped also), received today and have
> spend the past 3 hours trying to get it in.  I know I am doing something
> terribly wrong.  This can't take that long.  I must have just lucked into
> doing it right the first time.
>
> Is there a trick to this?  I have the spring back in.  Should that be off
> the car?

No, just loosen the kingpin nut (on top of the trunnion) as far as it will
go before falling off.  With a a jack under the A-arm you should be able to
get the pin in.  The jack needs to be as close to the end of the A-arm as
possible, right next to the brake rotor.
You could have someone sit on the fender too I guess...

> Right now I'm just trying to get it safe enough that I can get it to a pro.
>  Confidence level is super low.

Don't give up, you almost got it!!!

                                                           '67 Sprite