Front Suspension Again - Help?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front Suspension Again - Help?
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 16:47:05 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Once again I throw myself on the mercy of the list.  I had the front
bushings in, got my brakes back from the shop (look nice! actually they
look new) and was going to finish up the front and move to the back.
Realizing that when I put the passenger's side upper trunion bushings in I
somehow had stripped the nut I knew I had to redo that before moving to the
brakes.

Ordered new upper fulcrum pin (stripped also), received today and have
spend the past 3 hours trying to get it in.  I know I am doing something
terribly wrong.  This can't take that long.  I must have just lucked into
doing it right the first time.

Is there a trick to this?  I have the spring back in.  Should that be off
the car?

Right now I'm just trying to get it safe enough that I can get it to a pro.
 Confidence level is super low.

Thanks for any help.
Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget