Re: Moss, etc

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Moss, etc
From: "William M. Schickling" <bugeye@dreamscape.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 16:40:10 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Man, I go away on business for a week and come back to 400 messages. I guess
I am lucky to have a Moss ( and others) reseller five minutes from work
(Midtown Auto, Syracuse NY). They sort out the good bits from the crap. I
think because these people are doing over the counter business, they tend to
be more receptive to feedback about quality. They do have some NOS stuff and
some good reconditioned used parts as well. They have always offered me
alternatives when a cheap and expensive part can be supplied. They allow the
price/quality descision to the consumer. Maybe Moss could do the same. Offer
alternatives. Point them out.

I think it's resellers and the Dick Burgers (British Parts Connection) of
the world that can exert the most pressure on these suppliers. If I'm not
mistaken BPC just stopped doing business with Victoria British because of
there return policies. Lets talk to some of these people and see how much
leverage they have.

I for one use the Moss catalog alot. It's a great catalog. I do order
directly from them once in a while. I'm sure I would use them even more if I
didn't have some one local.

Bill Schickling