Re: Chinese junk

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>, "'b-evans@ix.netcom.com'" <b-evans@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Chinese junk
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 07:55:11 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The thing I find most interesting about this thread is the concept of
"quality British parts". The British used to OWN the motorcycle and sports
car arenas back in the early sixties, but it was the relatively low quality
of British products that handed those niches quite solidly to the Japanese
back in an era when "Made in Japan" was hardly synonymous with quality.

As a newcomer here, it speaks volumes to me that the general consensus is
that Moss parts are of noticeably lower quality than even that level.

Having said that, I'll have to add that the main reason why people buy from
Moss is because they are easy to find and easy to order from while it takes
real effort to discover that other, better places even exist, never mind
finding out who they are and how to contact them. I am still having trouble
finding out who the Good Ones are and how to contact them, and I've been
here for a month. What will the ordinary Joe who is not a member of the
mailing list do? He'll order from Moss because as far as he knows they are
the only game in town.

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye
Clemmons, NC