Re: Congratulations, Frank!

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Congratulations, Frank!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 21:24:14 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> We mustn't forget that NONE of the LBC owners who are not on these lists
> are as "tightly knit" and communicate as much as we are.
> The typical owner is much more on his own and does not hear the concerns
> we have.  A significant percentage of owners doesn't even know that more
> than one or two parts suppliers exist.  They are happy that they can get
> parts at all and then write silly little thank you notes in Moss Motoring.
>
> This says two things:
> 1) If the Spriget list stops buying from a certain supplier, they won't
> go bankrupt
> 2) It would be hard to get the word out convincingly to nonlisters that
> another supplier really is selling better parts.
>
>     Ulix

Ulix

We can sure try to help the others by telling it like it is.
I do all the time.
(at least those that DO care about quality)
Obviously there are a few (very few) that seem to like the CHEESY ASIAN
STUFF that they purchase. These people can not be helped. Maybe when
their wheel bearings fall apart (all but the Made In Taiwan sticker that
is) at 60 mph around a curve and they wreck their LBC, they will wake
up. Meanwhile my SAFTY and SANITY are not worth putting up with it.

So if you tell 20 LBC owners and they tell 20 LBC owners, and so on,
maybe we can change the way things are done. Maybe not but I will give
it my best. How about you?

Frank