Re: Chinese junk

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Chinese junk
From: Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 14:08:15 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
As I see it;

1.  Frank is fed up with suppliers who choose to bill their product as
"THE BEST" and "THE HIGHEST QUALITY" only to supply their customer with
something of lesser quality.

2.  I personally don't care who produces a product as long as that
product lives up to the claims of the producer.

3.  I have been in business for over 25 years and YES it is possible to
produce a product that is of high quality and price competitive.  YES it
is possible to react in a responsible manner as a supplier or service
provider, by listening to the needs of customers.  (Most of my customers
have been with me in excess of 20 years).

4.  Businesses need input to correct problems. If they only get one
complaint about a product of which they have sold 2000 pieces their
response is usually not to react at all.

5.  Everyone seems to agree that "something should be done" to correct
the "cheap parts" problem it seems, until the letter is written.
Everyone on the list has Moss's email address (it is in Frank's post),
if you don't agree with frank's assesment of the situation then you can
let them know....

6.  I have been under the impression personally that we all want quality
parts for our cars, good service, and quick action with a supply
problem.  In my oppinion Frank is acting on what he percieves to be in
the best interest of the list.  I must commend him for his effort!  I
know that if Moss called him to help straighten out the problem - he
probably would!

Kevin Valentine

PS. My response to Frank's initial post follows, (and yes it was sent to
Moss also).

           Re: Chinese junk