Re: Stiff Shifting and Awkward Hood !

To: "Chuck Ciaffone" <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Stiff Shifting and Awkward Hood !
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 16:39:04 -0400
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Chuck!  Sounds like you at least got the top installed.  How did it go?
I use the recommended way of folding the top, and it works O.K. for me.  It
makes a fairly bulky package and doesn't look so neat until you cover it
with a tonneau.  Here's what I do:
As I fold the frame, I carefully pull the top material completely away from
the frame in the back.  If you don't do this, as my son did not (although I
showed him how to do it), the frame scissors will scissor right through the
material at the corners.
After the top material is pulled away and smoothed out flat on the rear
deck, and the frame is folded as far as it will go, I fold over the rear
corner lights toward the center, forming sort of a triangle on each side.
Then I roll the top material over the folded frame, being careful that the
hood latches are closed so as not to scratch the back light.  The  top
material in each rear corner is rather bulky, but after the tonneau is put
on, it all looks pretty neat.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain