Stiff Shifting and Awkward Hood !

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stiff Shifting and Awkward Hood !
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:29:02 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Listers,

Got two (probably dumb) questions:

1. About folding the convertible top, I have tried it
   as described in the Owner's Manual and I have tried it
   with the side lights folded inside the top. In either
   case, the result is a fairly clumsy, bulky, awkward
   looking pile with the back light creased and rubbing
   on a couple of the tenax connectors. There MUST be a
   better way.

2. Installed the 5-speed datsun months ago and it's been
   behaving well. But recently shifting into and out of
   1st and 2nd has been getting stiffer. Never any grinding
   of gears, mind you, just that sometimes it seems I need
   both hands and a foot to move the gear lever. What could
   it be?

Thanks for all the help in the past,

chuck (chuckc@ibm.net)