Re: 1275 timing advance

To: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Subject: Re: 1275 timing advance
From: Les Myer <lmyer@probe.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 18:06:10 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dustin,

Depends on which distributor you have and your engine mods.  Any generic
statements about initial timing settings are generic bull****.

The factory initial timing setting for my 1275 centrifugal-only distributor
is in excess of 20 degrees, but that setting would not work well with a
different distributor.

Tell us what year distributor you have and any engine mods.  We can go from
there.

Les