Re: Headrest Envy

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Headrest Envy
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 08:40:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 08:45 PM 5/24/98 PDT, you wrote:

>       I hate to tell you but if you solder the end of the new cable it won't
fray like the old one did.  It also makes it easier to install on the
shaft.  As I have found out the hard way Mr Lucas doesn't like crimping
tools, he demands that all connectors be soldered and have dielectric
grease on them to make them work.   The PO of my car rewired it and must
have got a good deal on black wire as its the only color of wire on the
car, He did a good job except he didn't own a soldering iron either. So I
soldered all connectors and used dielectric grease on all of them and Mr.
Lucas has been happy so far (as I burn a little dielectric grease and flux
on my soldering iron as a offering to Mr. Lucas).  Why didn't I just
replace the wiring with new, hey I'm the guy who fixed his accelerator
cable instead of replacing it.  Me and Frank really do need to get a life
outside these cars.
>               Crash

Ok, I'm convinced.  Add one soldering gun and grease to my list of "to
purchase".

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget