Re: POR 15 question

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: POR 15 question
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 16:38:19 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Patton Dickson <kpdii@mindspring.com>, Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 21 May 1998, Frank Clarici wrote:
> > solid. One year later the floor fell out! still black and shiney but I think
> > the rust keeps eating away under the paint and to the edges where it finally
> > does what is is supposed to, eat metal!

I recently did the floors on a Super Beetle Convertible.  They were pretty
bad, heavy rust and pitting, significantly weakening the metal, but only a
couple of pinholes.  Because of my sceptic nature, I used CLEAR POR-15 and
didn't coat over it.  Now the floors look like you poured fiberglass resin
over it, you can still see the surface and monitor the condition.

Unfortunately, after this job, the owner of the car installed a new top
($1500 installed, mine was $150...) which actually doesn't leak!!!
So now the floors are always dry and my experiment won't work. :(

I tried to clean some spills and the coffee can I had used for the stuff
and was impressed with how hard it was to get off.

                                                           '67 Sprite