Re: The rest of the story

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, "LRuggi2635" <LRuggi2635@aol.com>
Subject: Re: The rest of the story
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 01:08:57 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 02:43 PM 5/18/98 +1000, Mike Gigante wrote:
>I am using that starter. It is very good, but I really do question the need
>to use
>it on all but high-compression race motors (like the one I have it on).

All right, guys, you convinced me.  Several people wrote to say that the
standard starter should work for me.  I'm guessing that the first one gave
out because it had been sitting dormant for who knows how long and, besides,
the car was restored in the late 1980s.  It was time for it to quit.  The
second was donated to me (I think to keep me from getting discouraged so
soon after buying a "nice running car"), and it may have seen hard use
before I got it.  I'll take the current one to be rebuilt.  Wish I had the
skills to do it myself, but I'll be safe rather than sorry.

I'm now back at work, in New York, still a little shaky from driving from
LaGuardia to the White Plains area.  The autocross was easier than this!

See y'all on the road!
Amy