The rest of the story

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The rest of the story
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 10:23:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
We did make it home...at last!  On Sunday morning I checked e-mail and found
a note from Pete Phillips, directing me to Mike Gassman in Waynesboro, VA,
about 10 miles from Staunton, where we stopped.  Ric Bergstrom also wrote to
me about this shop.  Seems everyone knew about it but me!

Mike's shop is like a little bit of heaven to a British car enthusiast.  When
we pulled up to the shop, someone was taking delivery on a gorgeous red MGA.
You should've seen their smiles!  There were Triumphs of every shape and
color, MGs, an Alpine or two, and even a Ferrari with 3 miles on it.  We
stared at the cars for a while until Mike was done delivering the MGA, then
he went to work on our cars.

HEALIUM's starter problem appears to be the starter itself.  It works
sporadically, but we had to push start it a few times.  Mike says because of
the large engine and the performance cam, we need a Tilton starter.  Anyone
know where these can be had?  How much do they cost?

Charlie Lownsdale's Sprite had a headlight switch problem.  Mike just wired
the headlights to the parking light position on the switch, so he now has, in
effect, a two-position switch.

And we made it home without further incident!  I have a lovely redneck tan,
the car has well over 1000 new miles on it, we have a few pounds of pictures,
and memories to last a lifetime.  A week that will live in history....

See you on the road!
Amy