Re: 1976 pistons compatible with 1979?

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>, "Eric Mumford" <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: 1976 pistons compatible with 1979?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 97 15:20:35 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I agree with Adrian as I recall there is very durn little between those
engines except smog stuff i.e. lower comp (as you see) maybe cam timing
and maybe distrib timing. Some diffs in the heads as the smog pum
attaches differently as well as the humongous EGR valve on the later
models. YOu might want to compare the 79 head to a 76 just to be safe.

Larry Macy
78 Midget