RE: Rollbars

To: "'spridge'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Rollbars
From: "Nolan, Michael F." <MICHAEL_NOLAN@cuusa.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:31:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
<snip>For a Sprite or Midget that is driven on the street, roll bars do
provide many
<snip>benefits.  One of which is rollover protection.  Most of the SCCA
legal bars
<snip>from the `70s will fit under the standard soft and hard tops.  I
believe that
<snip>roll bars are not cosmetic items.  The beauty of a roll bar is its
application.

Bob,
Good point on the safety factor of the roolbar.  I agree wholeheartedly
but most
add-on options are for cosmetic purposes only.  These are the options
which
many people buy to make their car LOOK nice.  I dont think people
realize how
vulnerable we are in an LBC but ........    the car looks nice !!. Does
anyone have an
SCCA legal bar to fit a 78 Midget ???.  I'll be safe and look good.
Mike