Re: [Spits] "CV-Joint" driveshaft

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] "CV-Joint" driveshaft
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 05:24:52 -0500
They are semi-servicable, due to parts availability problems.  I've never
found a cage or inner race, but the balls are standard and available, and
alternative boots can be fitted (think I used a Tercel  boot myself).
Standard CV joint grease.

To service them knock the band back on the boot, allowing you access to the
joint.  Now pry off the aluminum cap on the end of the main shaft.  It's on
there sorta like a bottle cap.  This lets you get to the snap ring under it.
At that point, it all slips apart and off the splines of the main shaft.