Re: [Spits] "CV-Joint" driveshaft

To: "'Mark J Bradakis'" <mark@bradakis.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] "CV-Joint" driveshaft
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:06:29 -0700
HOLD ON!

I went back and re-read the original post and my British to English
translator has failed me.  Instead of reading (American) Driveshaft, I read
(British) Driveshaft which is the axle in US terminology.

That said, I am now guessing that he is talking about the normal CV-Joint
that is stock on the later 1500 models.  That one to my knowledge is not
replaceable as I previously described.

If it were me and I had problems with that end, I would go ahead and have a
driveline shop replace the CV-Joint with another U-Joint yolk and properly
balance the unit.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Joe