[Spits] Exhaust Manifold '78

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] Exhaust Manifold '78
From: Paul Meyer <paulfmeyer@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:53:36 -0400
Getting my '78 spitfire 1500 ready for spring and the exhaust manifold is
cracked - again.

Anyone have advice on replacing this item?  I put a Weber DGV on several years
ago, and figured I'd replace the exhaust manifold eventually.  Seems like the
Stainless 4 into 2 into 1 header is a good option, but fitting it is
challenging I've heard.

I'd prefer to use another cast iron exhaust manifold, but can I get one
without all the threaded ports for the EGR, etc?  does an earlier year
manifold direct swap?

Seems to crack at stress point above the mount to the catalytic converter.

BTW, my converter is cosmetic - last time i had it apart, it looked like the
previous owner had filled the Cat with lava rocks from a gas grill.

Two questions - first, does anyone have a stock exhaust manifold for sale that
would fit?  Second, anyone have any web pages showing thier efforts at
replacing the manifold?

Paul F. Meyer Home Phone: 781-551-8574 Cell Phone: 781-801-3170 e-mail:
paulfmeyer@msn.com

Hotmail. goes with you.
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_
Mobile1_052009