Re: [Spits] Mk III Seat diaphragms

To: vicwhit3@rogers.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Mk III Seat diaphragms
From: Andrew Mace <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:15:14 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit3@rogers.com>

I need to replace diaphragms in a Mk III Spitfire with Highback seats. I can't
find these anywhere. Rimmer Bros. say they are no longer available and offer a
strap kit.?
?

TR-6 diaphragms are readily available and also fit Herald/Vitesse seats. Is
this
a viable work-around??
?

==AM==
Maybe someone can answer the part of your question about whether the TR6
diaphragm will fit, but even Newton Commercial, pretty much THE source for
original style upholstery, lists only a strap kit:

<http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/triumph/product.jsp?ref=2771&model=34>

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us