Re: [Spits] [TR] spit suspension question

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@cox.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spits] [TR] spit suspension question
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:15:43 -0000
> From: Joe Curry [mailto:spitlist@cox.net]
>
> Even with the Herald spring, you would need the camber compensator to get
> rid of the dreaded wheel tuck caused by unrestricted swing axles.

Hi Joe,
That's really not the case with the HD spring. I have driven Courier Vans
extensively and found that in standard well maintained trim, they will out
handle most equivalents with trick suspension.

> A good
> number of the camber compensators I have sold are to Herald and Vitesse
> Owners who have all informed me of their amazement of how it improves the
> handling.

Bear in mind that the 552lb/in spring has been unavailable for 30+ years,
and even then few Herald owners are aware of it's existence.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232