Re: [Spits] Tire size revisited

To: JHMDDS@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Spits] Tire size revisited
From: "v6spitfireguy@cox.net" <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:43:41 -0400
Heres the "foof" I have as it were :-)

Just to throw more fluif on the fire, it may also depend upon which
Spitfire rear axles you're running, stock axles or later 1500 ones (giving
a 2 inch wider track).

My wifes car (that we took to Laughlin), a MK 3,which has 185/60R 13s on
Minilite equiv. rims, Stock track, and there is occasional rubbing with the
car fully loaded going over bumps/dips on the fender lips, mostly on the
rear fenders - But that was with a fully loaded car -

I however, have 205/60R 13s on my MK4 mounted on Panasports, with only
minimal Mods (slight flare) to he front fender lips and have no rubbing
what so ever front or rear -

On the other hand, my 70 GT6 (same body panels as the MK III Spitfire), but
with the 1 inch wider rear rotoflex rear end, and I had to replace the
165/70R 13s with 165/65R 13s (mounted on wire wheels) to prevent slight
rubbing on the rear fender lips -

FWIW -

Barry Schwartz
La Mesa (San Diego) CA -