Re: [Spits] Tire size revisited

To: <JHMDDS@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Tire size revisited
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:08:31 -0400
I've got some 185/60-13's on TR7 5.5" rims under one of my 1980 Spitfires
with no rubbing.

But understand, offset is everything.  A 2" wide wheel will rub if the
offset is wrong enough.  If this is for your '66, there is also the matter
of the different bonnet shape up front, and shorter axles in the rear.