Re: Great (Triumph Herald) one for those with broadband...

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, CWN74@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Great (Triumph Herald) one for those with broadband...
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:38:01 +0000
Jonmac,
   I find Top Gear to more enjoyable because it DOESN'T focus on the
technical details.  It ISN'T just a sheet of data for you to look at it and
compare numbers.  It is biased...but it isn't biased by the manufacturers.
So many magazines these days get cash from certain manufacturers to make
their car look better than it really is.  Clarkson tells it how it is.  If
the car is dumpy...he will tell you it's dumpy but will show positives too
(Example - bashing the american muscle cars, yet he still owns one).
Showing accuracy and reality?  How much more accurate and real can you get
than putting the car out on the track to see how it handles and how it does
against the competition?  You can read articles in Road & Track until you
are blue in the face, but what good does that do if you can't see the cars
in action and seeing the cars pushed to the limit?

   Just my $0.02.

Dave

http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG

===     http://www.vtr.org