Re: TR:Spitfire - Wheels/Studs/Nuts & Questions

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR:Spitfire - Wheels/Studs/Nuts & Questions
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 05:37:30 -0500
I'm running 13x6 or 7 wheels myself.  Life is interesting when it comes to
fit.

Spitfire wheels are lug centric, as is any wheel that has a tapered lug nut.
Flat faced style nuts are for hub centric installations.

Spitfire wheel studs are small, you'll need to replace them to use the
Diamond nuts.  Beware of the information on the web about this, as it's not
good information.  The fit of the recommended wheel studs is atrocious.

Since you're into the aftermarket wheels, don't limit yourself to 13"  Why
don't you take a look at Joe Curry's Spitfire and see what a set of 14"
wheels looks like.  And there are others with 15" wheels as well.  And
lastly there are good adapters for running the 4x100mm wheels, which gives a
very different appearance.