GT6 Carpet

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 Carpet
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:46:35 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about buying a molded carpet set from Rimmer Bros while
they have them on sale.  However, I want loop carpet and when I asked
(by email) them if it was loop carpet I was told it tufted.

Well, according to my web search tufted carpet can be loop or cut pile
or a combination.  I suspect Rimmer's answer means it is cut pile.  I
will sent an email to clarify their answer- but since their sale isn't
on much longer I was hoping someone on the list might know if it is loop
or not.

Does anyone know of a source of molded loop carpet for a 1968 GT6?  Or
has anyone installed both a molded and a regular set to know if the
molded is worth the extra expense?

Thanks,
Roger Elliott

===     http://www.vtr.org