1500 Spitfire Engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 Spitfire Engine
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:56:46 -0500
I have a friend who needs to rebuild his Spitfire engine.   When I did
mine, I remember the mechanic made a couple of recommendations.

1.  Drill out some of the oil passages - for 3 & 4 connecting rods.  Can
anyone give me more specifics?
2. The use of MGB bearings either on the connecting rods or on the
crankshaft.  It seems the only modification that needed to be made was
to radius the area where the bearing sat.  Again, can anyone help me
with the specifics?

I think these were both common modifications to be made, but I might be
wrong about that.

Thank you,

Roger Elliott

===     http://www.vtr.org