Fwd: Re: Cam Shaft

To: Spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Cam Shaft
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 06:11:20 -0700 (PDT)
 This may depend on what year your Spit is.  The
 later US-spec cars had a different cam profile (less
 overlap) than the UK-spec cars for emissions
 reasons.

 If you would be satisfied with getting your engine's
 power up to the UK level, it would be sensible to
 try to make the engine as much like the UK ones as
 possible.

 Doug

 --- Nolan <foxtrapper@ispwest.com> wrote:

 > Your stock cam is a darn good camshaft as I
 recall.

===     http://www.vtr.org