Tranny

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Tranny
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 22:32:30 -0500
I have a 3-rail tranny with J-type overdrive. All the gears look good. I
can shift the gears with it dry, spinning the input shaft by hand. It
all looks good except the input shaft-first motion shaft-has an off
center oil flinger. The bearings are exposed on the half circle and it
has a scroll seal to the bellhousing. Should I change the input shaft?
Will the clutch get oiled if I don't improve the oil flinger alignment?
The alloy bellhousing I'm using had a modified scroll seal, machined to
hold a regular press in seal but after I removed it with a srewdriver,
pretty much screwing it up, I couldn't find another like it.

Larry

===     http://www.vtr.org