Re: Mozilla Thunderbird

To: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: Mozilla Thunderbird
From: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:28:12 -0500
Try following the chain Edit::Account Settings::Composition & Addressing

But I would suggest (if you really want to save space on your receiver's
email account) that while you are in that menu, you turn OFF the
"Compose messages in HTML format"; HTML comsumes 4x-10x (or even more!)
of the actual message size in markup stuff.  It's not worth it unless
you are more concerned about pretty looks than content.

I also am VERY fond of the "start my reply above the quote" option.
That way, my recipient doesn't have to scroll all the way to the bottom
of the message to find out what I want to add to has already been said.
  I want easy access to the new stuff; I expect others are so inclined.

Folks on Digest mode (like I am often) find the total inclusion of
need to scroll through the entirety of the previous messages, so it is
still polite to trim whatever is not relevant to the continuation of the
discussion.

FWIW and JM(NS)HO,
Donald.
[the difference between a pessimist and a realist is that the realist
_knows_ the bad stuff is going to happen, the pessimist just believes
that.  I'm a realist.]

===     http://www.vtr.org