springs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: springs
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:22:48 -0600
I have two rigid type Spitfire springs that are way different. The first
one I had donated from a kind spitlist gentleman for shipping cost. I
cut the ends off the main spring, thinking I would use it to make
another spring stiffer. I decided later to make a rolling frame with my
rotoflex rear parts and was short a spring. I bought a rigid spring off
ebay for 8.00 plus shipping and it was arched alot more and had
different shaped leaves. Can anyone shed some light on this subject
about different springs of the rigid variety.

I don't want to hear about old springs sagging, Doug, but the
competition preperation book sez to dearch the spring to 4". Both
springs have front stamped on the top spring. Here is a pic.

http://ljvaughan.homestead.com/spring.html

Larry

===     http://www.vtr.org