Re: From Brakes to Spring Bolts

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: From Brakes to Spring Bolts
From: Kirk Crawford <kirkbcrawford@kirkanddonna.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:06:19 -0800
Andy Mace Writes:

> Forgive my correcting your terminology, but do you really mean bolts?
> Usually, the spring is held to the diff. with nyloc nuts and flat washers
on
> studs. I don't know if it really makes all that much difference, but I've
> never seen before what you describe, even on spring hold-downs where
(GASP!)
> the nylocs have been reused!

Yes, they are actually studs with nyloc nuts and flat washers. Sorry for the
misinformation.

I reused the nylocs as they are still very tight.  I had a bear of a time
getting them off of the studs to clean up the studs. Vise-Grips are
wonderful!

-Kirk
68 Mk III Spit
http://www.kirkanddonna.com/kirk/spitfire/