Clutch problems and New Guy

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch problems and New Guy
From: GAStul@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 12:48:40 EST
Hi everyone,

  I have a 1978 Spitfire and the clutch started to slip on Saturday. I was
pulling out of steep parking lot and once I got up to the level road the
clutch
started to slip. I checked the fluid in the master cylinder and it was low. I
stopped at an auto parts store and topped the master cylinder off, but it
didn't help any. Could I have gotten some air in the lines to make the clutch
slip
or is the clutch shot? Thanks for any advise.

  I bought the Spitfire in April and I probably put 3,000 miles on it this
summer. How I came about buying a Spitfire was somebody I work with restored a
1976. We would talk about the progress at work. So I told him to bring by the
house when he's done. Well, he brought it by one day and took me a ride and I
was hooked.  I started to look on the Internet and found one for $3,000 and
bought it. It's been a blast driving it.

Thanks,
Greg (Ohio)
1978 Spitfire

===     http://www.vtr.org