Re: Clutch problems and New Guy

To: GAStul@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch problems and New Guy
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:12:05 EST
In a message dated 11/7/2005 12:51:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
GAStul@aol.com writes:

> Could I have gotten some air in the lines to make the clutch
> slip
> or is the clutch shot? Thanks for any advise.

Greg,
If you have air in the lines the clutch would not disengage properly and you
would be grinding gears.  If your fluid was low you need to ask yourself where
it is going?  It may be getting all over the friction disk of the clutch
which would make it slip a little. Check the slave cylinder, they always leak
after while.
Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org