welding floors

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: welding floors
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:21:00 -0600
I had some cracks in my floor, caused by the seat rail flexing I guess.
The cracks spread from the left front driver seat rail bolt hole. I put
the thinnest wire available in my mig welder and had a go at welding up
the cracks. After welding and grinding and patching holes over a period
of 4 days, I began to question when I should stop. Is when no light
shows through good enough? Do the beads need ground down smooth to
prevent rust? Will a coat of epoxy, like JB weld, strengthen the areas
that got ground down thinner than the original sheet metal dimensions?

http://ljvaughan.homestead.com/sheetweld.html

Larry

===     http://www.vtr.org