VTR & Spitfires

To: "TEGLER,PAUL" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR & Spitfires
From: John Reynolds <jfreynolds_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:32:22 -0700 (PDT)
Paul & Listers,
As far as I know the event out west that was the
subject of the negative threads was the Triumph Fest.
I do not think this is a VTR Event. I have personally
been a Spitfire owner and VTR member for several
years. I think there is a lot of normal joking between
the various model owners, but no real prejudice
against Spits. In my VTR club Spitfire owners give as
much as they get. I like VTR because they have
established criteria for events such as concours and
autocross. Competition is by the rules and not
subjective. I have been able to refine my Spitfire
with the help of knowledgeable VTR judges who pointed
out deficiencies and made constuctive suggestions. For
those people who don't like rules VTR even offers
people's choice and modified classes. I personally
have had a great deal of fun and learned a lot at VTR
meetings and events. I cannot see why all Spitfire
owners would not have a similar experience.
John Reynolds
79 Spitfire

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250