Re: redrilled rear vertical links

To: "'Andre Rousseau'" <andre@justdrive.ca>,
Subject: Re: redrilled rear vertical links
From: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:52:03 +0000
I wouldn't think this is an unsafe thing to do.

Many racers in the UK modify the vertical link by drilling holes or a series
of holes.  I also have seen some plans that cut the top portion of the
vertical link and replace it with a rose joing to adjust it.  I think it came
from the Jon Wolfe book.

The only geometry of the suspension that it really changes is the angle of
half shaft...and that changes in exactly the same way if you added a block
under the spring.  Remember this is a swing spring so the upper control
element is nothing more than a spring mount...it won't change how the
suspension works or affect geometry through the travel of the suspension.  I
don't even think it changes how the forces act from the spring to the vertical
link as those are probably 90% vertical.

aaron

aaron