Re: Early Spitfire wirng diagram dipper switch

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Early Spitfire wirng diagram dipper switch
From: Larry T <llst@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:42:35 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
To: "'Larry T'" <llst@shaw.ca>; <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 5:55 PM
Subject: RE: Early Spitfire wirng diagram for dipper switch

> The manuals all show the European wiring of the Mk1/Mk2 Spits.
>
> Attached is a scanned image of the correct diagram

> Joe

Thanks Joe and Andy for the quick response.

I went back to making the connections only to find out the wire colors are
different on the switch so this made me pull out the test light to see what
gets switched.. When I tested the positions, I noted that the park lights
would not operate with the headlights. I found a couple of spares ( from ??)
and when I checked the switches for operation, I noted that one of the
switches also did not allow the park lights to come on when the headlights
were on. I took a good look at all three switches and they all seem to be
the same except for wire colors. Without taking the switch right apart to
see the contacts, I can not figure out why two do not work properly. It
looks like a simple solution would be to install a jumper on the park light
contact as per Joe's instructions for reconfiguring a later model switch to
work with a early model cars.

Larry T