Re: Early Spitfire wirng diagram dipper switch

To: llst@shaw.ca, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early Spitfire wirng diagram dipper switch
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:34:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/2005 8:39:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
llst@shaw.ca writes:

I am  working on reconnecting the wiring under the dash and the wiring
diagrams
that I have for the MK2 do not show the floor mounted dipper  switch. All of
the Spitfire diagrams that I have come across seem to have  the dipper switch
portion in the column switch. I have found a TR250 wiring  diagram in a Haynes
manual which shows the dipper switch. Has anyone run  across this before?

======
Larry, as I recall, the only place to find the correct wiring diagram for a
US-spec Spitfire Mk2 is in an original *US edition* of the Owner's  Manual.
The Factory's own Workshop Manual doesn't even show this wiring scheme,  even
though a great proportion of Spitfires were built to this spec for sale  here.
;-)

Darned if I can find my copy of that Owner's Manual at the moment. However,
if you need help, contact me directly, as I might have some similar Herald
wiring that can help you (the major difference between the Herald and the
Spitfire is that the Herald didn't have the flash-to-pass feature on the column

stalk).

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)